If you are looking to purchase an investment property, we are proud to offer in-house property management services through Harcourts Canada. There are many benefits of using a property management professional.
When arranging rental documents and tasks, it is important to thoroughly understand the Residential Tenancies Act of British Columbia. This is a highly specialized aspect of Real Estate, and is fraught with the danger of litigation or conflict of interest in almost every task you undertake.
From the commencement of the management, we aim to provide you with an exceptional service. This relies heavily on our communication with you as well as your tenant.
- We will qualify all applicants for their financial ability to pay the rent, prior to them being put forward to you as a potential tenant.
- We will check all applicants' previous rental histories.
- We will provide a full and comprehensive property report with photos prior to move-in.
- We will conduct regular and thorough inspections throughout the tenancy.
Maximize Return on Investment
- Our ultimate goal is to assist you in maximizing the returns on your investment property.
- We will prepare and send you an annual Comparative Market Analysis (CMA).
- We will discuss with you what we consider to be optimal rental charge for your investment in the current market.
- We will regularly review the surrounding market and inform you of any recommended improvements that may increase the value of your property.
The Risks of Managing Your Own Investment
If you are considering managing your own investment property, then it's wise to consider the following points:
- Do you possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of The Residential Tenancies Act in order to maintain a fair and professional relationship with your tenant?
- How much do you know about the tenant selection process?
- Do you know the right procedure when dealing with rental payments, deposits, and arrears?
- Could you successfully terminate your tenancy and recover possession of your property without the need to go to Court?
- Could you complete a valid Property Condition Report with enough detail to stand up in Court if necessary?
- Do you know the correct procedure when the tenant has absconded and abandoned goods remain at the property?
- Would you be able to recover any outstanding debts?
If you have any questions at all feel free to email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 778.233.8373!